WHAT: FASHION+TECHSF Presents: Brand Your Business Utilizing Social Media Marketing
WHERE: Pigment Cosmetics, One Market, Suite 140, Studio @, SF
WHEN: November 17, 2011, Thurs, 5:30pm-9:00 (Pls Arrive Early)
DOOR FEE: $10
TOPIC: Brand Your Business Utilizing Social Media Marketing
For media relations, please contact Owen Geronimo via email at
RSVP & PURCHASE TICKETS HERE - http://fashiontechsf11172011.eventbrite.com/
PRODUCT PRESENTATIONS BY:
1) talkTECH Communications @ http://talktechcomm.com/
talkTECH Communications is a business and technology communications firm focused on public relations and interactive marketing for early stage tech start-ups and small to medium size businesses (SMBs) looking to generate buzz about new technology products or service offerings.
RAF9 let's you share your favorite fashion trends online while earning point at the same time. The points translate into discounts you can use in the stores. Earned discount points will be tracked with a bar on the store's page and will also advise you on how to earn more. The more you share, the more discounts you earn. Become a 'Brand Ambassador' if you are the most active app user and get a chance of being profiled on the brand's website.
3) Abrott Bags @ http://www.abrot.com/
Abrot (pronounced AH-BRO-T) was founded upon the simple idea of sharing unique and high quality handbags. The name itself is the Polish word for bag, Torba, spelled backwards. Its founders, natives of Poland, would often travel home and bring back finely crafted handbags that could not be found in the United States. The showers of compliments around the bags made it clear that there had to be a way to share these European gems stateside.
1) BRAD CARRICK @ Solz Shoes = http://www.solzshoes.com/
Brad Carrick is the owner and founder of SOLZ Shoes and business developer for SFFAMA. Solz Shoes combines a lifestyle shoe company with an extendable microbranding platform. It has designed and patented a unique, lightweight casual shoe that folds up in a small “capsule” that can be clipped on to bags or clothing. It has also launched “The Walk Street Movement” and “The Sneak In Artist” as additional lifestyle brands. SOLZ is the name of the company and also the flagship brand. SOLZ shoes is marketed as the “Ultimate Beach Shoes” and a platform for self-branding, sponsorship opportunities enabling working with clients to license or franchise any of their brands.
2) SABRINA BRUNING @ Internet Savant = http://www.twitter.com/internetsavant
3) UDUAK ODUAK @ Ladybrille Magazine = http://www.ladybrillemag.com/
4) VISHAL KALIA, CEO @ RAF9 = http://www.raf9.com/
5) WILLO O'BRIEN, Creative Business Consultant @ WilloToons = http://willotoons.com/
5) OWEN GERONIMO (Moderator), Founder @ SFFAMA Inc. = http://sffamainc.org/
- Pigment Cosmetics @ http://www.pigmentcosmetics.com/
- Pretzel Crisps @ http://pretzelcrisps.com/
- SFFAMA Inc. @ http://sffamainc.org/
- Solz Shoes @ http://www.solzshoes.com/
- Swagg @ http://www.swagg.com/
- Trumer Pils @ http://trumerbrauerei.com/
+ TOPIC: Brand Your Business Utilizing Social Media Marketing
+ MISSION: Is Social Media essential for your business? The basics of social media marketing.
1) What sites are essential for social media marketing? What do use the most and why?
2) What is the most efficient way to utilize Facebook pages? How do you engage with your followers?
3) How do you implement social media to build your brand? How do you build online influence? Is social media useful for every business? Why?
4) Is Twitter a good marketing tool? How can I create a Twitter presence? How often should I tweet?
5) Are you utilizing a content strategy? How do you get or create content?
6) How do you engage with customers (followers) by utilizing social media?How do you build a social presence? Explain.
7) What is the biggest challenge in maintaining your online presence? How do you manage your online community?
8) What other apps do you utilize to be more innovative? (ie: Foursquare, Instagram, Tumblr, Youtube, Google+) Explain why you use them.
9) How do you commit to a consistent schedule for your own personal social media marketing approach? How much time do you invest in a daily or weekly basis? (Tweets, Facebook walls, etc’s.)
10) What social metrics are out there do you recommend? (Klout, Google Analytics, Amazon, etc’s.)
ABOUT FASHION+TECHSF @ http://fashionandtech.net/ :
FASHION + TECH SF (formerly known as Fashion Mash-Up) is San Francisco’s longest running workshop combining ‘business of fashion’ and ‘fashion and technology’ formats. From it’s inception in February 2010, Fashion+Tech SF’s mission has been to provide an open dialogue that serves as a forum on how to develop innovative solutions to become better business entrepreneurs.
This workshop was developed as a platform to discuss the business of fashion and arts through the utilization of current business models and technologies. As a thriving epicenter of independent talents, ‘FASHION+TECH SF” features local entrepreneurs, fashion designers, bloggers, retailers, startups & techies in an effort to brainstorm and share new business solutions to create an exchange network amongst peers in San Francisco’s fashion and creative community. Presented By: San Francisco Fashion And Merchants Alliance, Inc.
ABOUT SFFAMA @ http://sffamainc.org/:
Presented by San Francisco Fashion Merchants Alliance, Inc. San Francisco Fashion and Merchants Alliance, a California non-profit corporation, is the leading institution in the San Francisco Bay Area’s fashion industry. Over 1,700 members on Facebook, 105 events. Winner of Best Fashion Event Producer of the Year and Best Marketing at San Francisco Fashion Awards 2011. Producer of San Francisco Fashion Week (tm). SFFAMA provides business and technology education for fashion entrepreneurs and serves as a business and social development network for the thriving local fashion industry.